Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hello Foodie Blogosphere


My first post.

Do you like my moo cow? Has no relevance to my actual post, but wanted to share it because you're here and I like you.


Cooking is what I've come to believe is my outlet, my passion, and my sense of self-expression. Embodied in a single activity, cooking is everything that I enjoy; creating, writing, tasting, eating, drinking--you name it.

It sounds totally cliche, but ever since I was young I looooved cooking. From learning to bake with my mom to helping my stepmom chop Asian vegetables, I always had my hand in some form of cooking. Now at my ripe age (ha), global travels, ideas sprung from youth and international influences have made my recipes twinkle with a unique flair and style. Primarily incorporating fresh vegetables and fruits from my local farmer's market (and hopefully, soon to be garden) is the key to any successful recipe.

To be honest, my sole purpose for writing this blog is to remind myself of dishes that I've created. For quite some time I've managed to produce some of the most exquisite dishes and, yet, in time have forgotten what they were in order to replicate. So, thanks to my short-termed memory, here I am. Don't be deceived, at times I will tangent off the cooking subject, but I promise to keep it within the scope of food and beverage.

If you like what you read, great, if you don't, you should shoot yourself in the face. Really, I'm kidding. I would love to hear your feedback so leave me a message. ENJOY!


kisses,
Rochelle







4 comments:

  1. This sounds so great! I can't wait to be inspired by your recipes! Perhaps I'll be sending my health counseling clients your way for fun cooking ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that! By the way, this morning I came across and segment on NPR called, "brown fat" any insight on this issue? Apparently, it's suppose to be the "good" fat. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102887700

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rochelle --What a great idea!! I look forward to your recipes and food wisdom. Thanks for inviting me.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rolls, rolls, rolls -- I may have to request the Chinese egg rolls; here's why -- I don't really enjoy the clear rice wrapper (so sorry, I think it is the texture...) so what's a lady to do? Could I put your wonderful ingredients in a different wrapper? Hence, a possible request for Egg Roll recipe. I have no experience with lumpia wrappers. At least not yet ~smile~ So now you have it -- some of your follows might be a challenge ...

    ReplyDelete